This page updates daily with the latest news items on real estate in Ghana and beyond.
- Radisson Individuals enters African market with hotel signing in Ghana - BusinessGhanaon March 5, 2021
Radisson Individuals enters African market with hotel signing in Ghana BusinessGhana
- Government sets ambitious housing agenda - GhanaWebon March 5, 2021
Government sets ambitious housing agenda GhanaWeb
- Aurora Teagarden cast and characters: photos and latest updates - Yen.com.ghon March 5, 2021
Aurora Teagarden cast and characters: photos and latest updates Yen.com.gh
- Radisson Individuals makes its African debut with hotel signing in Ghana - Travel Daily News Internationalon March 5, 2021
Radisson Individuals makes its African debut with hotel signing in Ghana Travel Daily News International
- Haven of peace: Ghana celebrates its independence with eyes on future growth - The Canberra Timeson March 4, 2021
Haven of peace: Ghana celebrates its independence with eyes on future growth The Canberra Times
- Ghana court upholds President Akufo-Addo's election victory - Yahoo Singapore Newson March 4, 2021
Ghana court upholds President Akufo-Addo's election victory Yahoo Singapore News
- 14:59 GRIDCO to pull down structures around transmission lines - GhanaWebon March 4, 2021
14:59 GRIDCO to pull down structures around transmission lines GhanaWeb
- Liverpool: Jurgen Klopp writes emotional message to Alisson after his father tragically drowned - Ghanasoccernet.comon March 4, 2021
Liverpool: Jurgen Klopp writes emotional message to Alisson after his father tragically drowned Ghanasoccernet.com
- Estate developers, pension trustees urge government to pass REIT bill - Myjoyonline.comon March 3, 2021
Estate developers, pension trustees urge government to pass REIT bill Myjoyonline.com
- Hilda Frimpong: Ghanaian student becomes first Black editor-in-chief of Syracuse Law Review - Yen.com.ghon March 3, 2021
Hilda Frimpong: Ghanaian student becomes first Black editor-in-chief of Syracuse Law Review Yen.com.gh
- Estate developers, pension trustees urge government to pass REIT billby Charles Nixon on March 3, 2021
The Chief Executive Officer of Broll Ghana, Tony Sekyere, is calling on real estate developers and pension trustees to form an alliance to coerce government to pass into law the Real Estate Investment Trust bill. According to him, the regulatory framework and the delay of its implementation has led to the country losing some foreign
- First Sky Construction appoints Oliver Acquah-Techie as new CEOby Felicia Osei on March 1, 2021
First Sky Construction Limited, one of Ghana’s leading roads and highway construction firms, has announced the appointment of Oliver Acquah-Techie as its new Chief Executive Officer effective March 1, 2021. Mr. Acquah-Techie is a 36-year old engineer who has worked with First Sky Construction Limited since 2014 when he first joined the company as a
- Meet Kristianne Reindorf Osei, the young Ghanaian MD of a real estate company bagging global awardsby Abubakar Ibrahim on February 26, 2021
Though the real estate industry is widely male-dominated, that is not scaring a young Ghanaian woman from making strives and carving a niche for herself and her company. Kristianne Reindorf Osei’s company, Twelve Springs Investment Group, has in recent weeks gained global recognition for its work in the real estate industry. Twelve Springs Investment Group which owns the
- Housing Ministry needs its own budget – Freda Prempehby Ama Cromwell on February 25, 2021
Minister-designate for Works and Housing, Freda Prempeh has outlined some methods that can be employed by government to facilitate development in the sector.
- Ghanaian owned, Montgomery Residences and Silicon Accra win at International Property Awardsby Abubakar Ibrahim on February 23, 2021
Two major projects by Twelve Springs Investment Group have won awards at this year’s International Property Awards 2020-2021. Montgomery Residences was adjudged the Best Residential Development in Africa for 2020-2021 while Silicon Accra was adjudged the Best Office Development in Africa for 2020-2021at the virtual ceremony held earlier this month. Twelve Springs Investment Group, owners
- Creative Patio ideas that will inspire youby Kekeli Buckner on February 24, 2021
We want to start with a definition of a patio before we jump into the numerous patio ideas. A lot of people confuse patios and porches. As similar, as they are, there are differences. A patio can be defined as a paved surface, using natural stone, concrete pavers, or poured concrete as the underfoot surface.
- 6 Simple Ways to Increase the Value of Your Homeby Kekeli Buckner on February 23, 2021
Property valuation can be quite tricky. As much as a large portion of real estate properties tend to appreciate over time, there is also a small percentage which depreciates over time due to certain factors. In this article, we are going to look at some practical ways to increase the value of any property. Since
- Meqasa is Confident of a Boost in the Real Estate Sector, 2021by Annisstar Arning on February 18, 2021
On 14 January, 2021, Kelvin Nyame, Meqasa CEO spoke to Citi Business news about the confidence of stakeholders within the Real Estate industry in Ghana for 2021. The interview, conducted by Michael Ogbodu, revealed how Meqasa is already beginning to see some major signs of improvement even with the repercussions of the pandemic. It
- Top 7 American Food-Serving Restaurants in Accraby Annisstar Arning on February 11, 2021
When exploring great restaurants in Accra, sometimes it’s good to switch up the type of foods we eat. American food tends to be on demand especially on cheat days when we crave a hearty burger, fried chicken or crispy, cheesy, delicious pizza. To satisfy those taste buds, these are the Top 7 American Food- Serving
- Furniture Companies in Ghanaby Kekeli Buckner on February 8, 2021
A house is not a home without furniture, and thanks to all the furniture companies in Ghana, you have access to the best type and style of furniture for your home, office or apartment. Here is a list of some of the best furniture stores in Ghana. There are a number of furniture shops in
- Estate developers lament exponential increase in prices of building materialby Minna Dablu on March 1, 2021
Building contractors in the country are lamenting the continuous toll the price hike on building materials is having on their business. As the demand for houses increases, the COVID-19 induced restrictions have had a negative toll on the construction industry. This has been widely attributed to the exponential increase in construction materials which are mostly
- Meet Kristianne Reindorf Osei; the Young Ghanaian MD of a real estate company bagging global awardsby citibusinessnews on February 26, 2021
Though the real estate industry is widely male dominated, that is not scaring a young Ghanaian woman from making strives and carving a niche for herself and her company. Kristianne Reindorf Osei’s company, Twelve Springs Investment Group, has in recent weeks gained global recognition for its work in the real estate industry. Twelve Springs Investment
- Ghanaian owned Montgomery Residences and Silicon Accra win at International Property Awardsby citibusinessnews on February 23, 2021
Two major projects by Twelve Springs Investment Group have won awards at this year’s International Property Awards 2020-2021. Montgomery Residences was adjudged the Best Residential Development in Africa for 2020-2021, while Silicon Accra was adjudged the Best Office Development in Africa for 2020-2021at the virtual ceremony held earlier this month. Twelve Springs Investment Group, owners
- Stay away from NAM1’s new land deal – Menzgold customers cautionedby Bobbie Osei on November 13, 2020
The over 60,000 customers affected by the ongoing Menzgold saga are being cautioned against accepting a land deal being offered by CEO of the company, Nana Appiah Mensah. Leadership of the affected customers had earlier described the land deal as a second attempt by Appiah Mensah to defraud customers. Since 2018, Menzgold has struggled to
- Eight ways next NPP government plans to fix Ghana’s housing deficitby Ellen Dapaah on August 27, 2020
Ghana’s 2010 Population and Housing Census report states that almost 44% of Ghanaians do not have adequate housing. Ten years down the line, the situation has worsened. It was revealed, in 2019, by the Minister of Works and Housing, Samuel Atta Akyea, that Ghana’s housing deficit has hit two million units. By this, the government
- Find Apartments for Rent in Ghana Easilyby Tonaton.com on February 8, 2021
Despite the availability of online tools, you may still find it difficult to select a particular apartment to rent. Hence, this article will be giving you a clear and direct roadmap to find and rent the best apartment you want without having to spend as much time and energy to get it. We will delve into the main factors to consider, offer you some tips, and finally give you a step by step process to finding an apartment in a day or two (2). The post Find Apartments for Rent in Ghana Easily appeared first on Tonaton Blog - Buying and Selling Guide.
- Writing a Great Tenancy Agreement for Your Clientsby Tonaton.com on January 6, 2021
Writing a tenancy agreement is a good tool for building a long-lasting and profitable real estate business. The sad aspect is, the exact agreement and terms surrounding tenancy are often left to assumptions and unwritten rules. This is fertile ground for disagreement and misunderstanding. Whether you are a landlord or tenant, you need to have … The post Writing a Great Tenancy Agreement for Your Clients appeared first on Tonaton Blog - Buying and Selling Guide.
- 5 Things You Should Watch out for When Buying Land In Ghanaby Tonaton.com on December 8, 2020
Buying land in Ghana is serious business. This may not be new to you. But often land buyers fall victim to fraud, scams or litigation lands. This is because of several reasons. However, the most important is to do what is within your power to reduce the possibility of falling victim. The post 5 Things You Should Watch out for When Buying Land In Ghana appeared first on Tonaton Blog - Buying and Selling Guide.
- How To Find A Nice Single Self-Contained Room In Ghana (6 Tips)by Tonaton.com on November 25, 2020
it is beneficial to actually consider your options when you do decide to make a move into a new room. Regardless of the purpose, whether you are a student or a worker, this article will be of help to you. The post How To Find A Nice Single Self-Contained Room In Ghana (6 Tips) appeared first on Tonaton Blog - Buying and Selling Guide.
- 11 Must-Have Things in Your Living Roomby Tonaton.com on November 18, 2020
When moving into a new house or redesigning your home, it may become overwhelming that you forget to consider the details of your living room items. The post 11 Must-Have Things in Your Living Room appeared first on Tonaton Blog - Buying and Selling Guide.
- Meet Cameo 1 Homes’ Augustine Ewiah: Ghana’s Foremost Luxury Realtorby Kadi Tay on February 22, 2021
He is a passionate and dynamic real estate entrepreneur who is a CEO at Cameo 1 Homes, a growing real estate brokerage firm. It is quite surreal to know and learn about all those individuals who have strived to go beyond boundaries to make a...
- Best Online Furniture and Décor Shops in Ghana (2021)by Kadi Tay on February 22, 2021
This post was originally published on SpeckUp, an online furniture marketplace and has been reposted here with permission. What next right after you acquire your piece of real estate? you just moved into a new place and need some furniture or home improvement help but...
- Digitising Land: The Way Forward for Efficient Property Registration in Ghanaby Noanyi on November 17, 2020
This article was first published by Ghana Web on October 20, 2020, titled, “Experts detail ways govt can end challenges to property registration in Ghana.” Experts at a forum on land administration have provided 17 points on how the deep-seated problems associated with land acquisition...
- 10 Things to Know About Luxury Apartments in Accraby Kadi Tay on November 15, 2020
Apartment hunting in Ghana can either be a delightful and fulfilling adventure or a tedious and devastating affair especially if you don’t have sufficient information to work with. What’s the average cost of a house? Where are the best neighbourhoods to live in? Where are...
- How To Acquire A Mortgage or Home Loan In Ghanaby Kadi Tay on November 14, 2020
Buying a home is a dream come true for many people. However, not everyone can comfortably finance their dreams outright. This is where mortgages come in to save the day. Mortgages are loans taken out to buy a house or property. Much like there are...
- Real Estate Marketing Powered by Dobiison Virtual Realityby Noanyi on November 11, 2020
So you have an interest in the Real Estate industry. Let’s say you run, manage or market a real estate business. Do you have too many clients? Most likely, no. Do you have too much revenue? Almost certainly, no. Then let’s see one of the...
- Compound Houses in Ghana’s Housing Crisis: Insights from Kumasiby Noanyi on November 10, 2020
This article originally appeared on the Conversation on October 29, 2020, titled “Ghana has a housing crisis: what we found in Kumasi, and what needs to change.”It was written by Lewis Abedi Asante and Richmond Juvenile Ehwi. Key Takeouts The ongoing adaptation of compound housing isn’t...
- Home Finance in Ghana: Everything You Need to Knowby Kadi Tay on November 7, 2020
Ready to own a house but not sure about your home finance options? There are four main financing options when it comes to acquiring a home in Ghana. These are outright payment, rent-to-own, remittances from abroad and mortgages. Outright payments are straightforward. Once a price...
- Why Medical Practitioners Should Invest in Real Estate in Ghanaby Kadi Tay on October 26, 2020
Medicine is one of the noblest professions in the world and it is generally assumed that doctors and health workers are very well paid. And yet, there are incessant strike actions in Ghana nearly every year, highlighting the poor conditions of service that Ghana’s physicians...
- Best Real Estate Blogs in Ghana (2020)by Kadi Tay on September 19, 2020
Real estate blogs in Ghana are a thing. Where do you go when you’re looking for real estate information that’s specific to Ghana? This information includes real estate investing advice, home décor and gardening tips, housing-related news, updates on the housing industry, whitepapers, and so...